Monday, December 24, 2007

The Over

Aint this a bit of an absurd title for a blog.

Well this over signifies the six subjects which we had in our last semester and since an over in the game of cricket so an over with each paper representing each ball of the over with the paper setters being the bowlers.I will say how each bowl was for me being the batsman.

1st ball
DCS-II : A yorker but very artfully defended by the batsman.

All the questions were centered around a single topic,though it was important it was quite unfair for the students who worked hard to prepare other topics because unlike the topic which came in the exam others required a lot of memorization ,so eventhough I was able to attempt all the questions but I was not satisfied .Hence it was a mixed baggage for me


2nd ball
Java:A short delivery which was easily handled by the batsman and hit hard

A good mix of application and theory and I was satisfied after writing the answer sheet.So,it was a good paper.


3rd ball
CA : A totally unplayable bouncer

All the questions were totally out of the blue for the students and everyone was shocked after coming from the exam hall so it couldn't have been worse than this.This was the only positive I could see after the exam.



4th ball
LINUX : A good ball which was treated with respect by the batsman

The exam was quite simply set and the most of the difficult topics were not covered in the paper,but seeing the amount of syllabus it was expected to be a tough paper .But,it was not meant to be,hence,quite satisfactory paper which was handled well.



5th ball
DBMS : A prejudged short length ball outside the off stump

I was afraid since I was overconfident in this subject but,the paper setter takes my respect for setting the paper according to my strength .A totally satisfactory paper required quite a lot of thinking required to attempt the application based questions and theory questions were such that if you are clear with the concepts one could attempt them


6th ball
OB : Full toss hit hard

Totally light exam with only basics required to be studied and minimum effort required in preparation.So,quite easy paper aptly handled


PS :
I am saying how I handled the papers.How many runs I score will be decided by the examiner who is the fielder

2 comments:

Boxer said...

lolest post...mast likha hai...

AdiTya... said...

Kool post buddy...was a novel experience reading ur post...Keep Wrtting...Tc..