Thursday, June 25, 2009

I am the oppressed queen

I am the daughter of a dalit
Oppressed harassed
Facing the society and its filth
Money was scarcely in my hands
Now that I have power
On bundles of it do I stand
I have no mercy
I have no shame
Say what you can
I will never change
My community was downtrodden
Now I shall rise
I will collect money from any means
Give me way
I am the oppressed queen

All the lower castes are my brothers
The should also see
The life of poverty
Through which I have been
I rose through the difficulties
So I shall give them the same
Through the struggles
They shall win
A life of bare means
Which I want them to see
I shall take money for the statues
They shall see and bow in gratitude
Coz yesterday I was one of them
Today I stand tall majestically
Bow in front of me
I am the oppressed queen

--NK

No comments: